Read the post in Spanish:Español
Read the post in Portuguese:Portuguese
Baseline Study of the Civil Society Organizations Capacity in Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, and Brazil facing the Venezuelan Migration Phenomenon. Context and Needs Analysis of Forced Displacement Caused by the Venezuelan Crisis and the Consequences of the COVID-19 Emergency
Venezuelan crisis prompted massive forced displacement of the Venezuelans to their neighbouring Latin American countries. The objective of this baseline study is to assess the protection needs of Venezuelans in host countries and communities, and the capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs) operating in 4 selected countries – Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, and Colombia – to respond to the humanitarian crisis.
This analysis further could be used to:
- Enhance the understanding of capacity and knowledge gaps of local organizations and communities in the region to promote integrated protection.
- Analyze protection needs related to disaster risk management and livelihoods in urban and sub-urban contexts, and access to services and mobility.
- Structure and adapt the CPA (Community Protection Approach) training to the local organizations and communities needs.
The main expected results of this study are:
- The analysis of the situation of four South American countries most affected by Venezuelan migration and the COVID-19 pandemic – Peru, Colombia, Brazil, and Bolivia.
- At least 9 local organizations interviewed and their capacity assessed in relevant areas for the implementation of the CPA.
In the identification and survey construction stage, there was a possibility of identifying a higher number of Civil Society Organizations in the four countries trying to respond to the prolonged emergency situation in Latin America lasting since March 2020. 136 organizations were mapped in the first part of the study and 42 out of them participated in the second part of the questionnaire.
This study was conducted under the EU Aid volunteers’ capacity building project INPLACE. Responding to Forced Displacement in Latin America through Capacity building and Certification on EU Aid Volunteers.
You can download and read the study in Spanish or Portuguese.
Read the Spanish version of the study here:Survey Analysis INPLACE Latin America ES
Read the Portuguese version of the study here: Survey Analysis INPLACE Latin America PT