WeWorld-GVC is glad to share VOICE’s report “NGO Perspectives on the Humanitarian Development Peace Nexus”
The study includes the results of the Myanmar nexus workshop, which gathered together EU Delegations, ECHO staff, member states and NGOs. The report was presented at the ECHO Partner Conference, held in Brussels on the 2nd and 3rd of December 2019.
The document highlights aspects needed to shape a successful Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus, based on the contributions of NGOs working on the Nexus approach. Among them, particular relevance is given to the following aspects:
- Genuinely putting people at the centre requires changing programme approaches
- The nexus framework needs to involve the right people
- Local actors must be meaningfully engaged
- More flexible, multi-year financing is required for the nexus
- Involving donors during the development of the strategy
WeWorld-GVC took part in the VOICE’s report with a case study. Specifically, the “Developing Nexus Guiding Principles and a Toolkit, WeWorld-GVC Foundation” case study highlights the work of WeWorld-GVC and its partners in implementing the Community Protection Approach (CPA) and in designing humanitarian and development projects that led to the elaboration of a set of Nexus Guiding Principles.
If you are interested in knowing more about our work on the Humanitarian-Development Nexus contact us at email@example.com